- Surface disinfection Use 0.4%(1:256) solution (4 ml in 1 litre of cold water). Wash floors and other tiled surfaces taking care to cover corners and other inaccessible areas.
- Instrument disinfection Use 10% solution (100 ml in 1 litre)
- High level disinfection Soak completely inside the M- 256 solution. For semi-critical instruments disinfection, 30 minutes of contact time is required.
- Sterilization For sterilization 10 hours of contact time is required. Avoid bubble formation. Use a plastic recipient and this should be closed during all the time instruments are soaked in. Take off all the instruments and rinse with sterile water or 0.9% NaCl solution in sterile water.
- Directions for FOGGING Prepare 1% v/v solution (10ml of M-256 in1 litre of water) & transfer the solution in the fogging machine. Wet surfaces of tiled walls, trolleys, Operation tables & floors evenly. Close rooms & allow to dry for 1 hour.
Appearance Blue liquid
pH 9 – 10
Density 0.98 – 1.04 gm/cm³
The above data is typical of normal production and should not be taken as a specification.
Safe handling and storage information
Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Remove and wash contaminated clothing and footwear before re-use. Avoid breathing vapors or spray mists. For commercial and industrial use only. Store in original closed containers.
Full guidance on the handling and disposal of this product is provided in a separate Material Safety Data Sheet.
Compatible with most metals and surfaces used in hospitals.
When used as directed at a 1 : 256 dilution (1/2 oz. per gallon of water) M-256 contains 660 ppm of active quaternary germicide making it highly effective against a wide variety of pathogenic microorganisms.